Nothing fancy or deep or funny just some things I'm enjoying at the moment and looking forward to over the next few weeks!
- The lovely people at my office and how funny, friendly and kind they all are. I realized the other day that I actually almost never spend any time with white people haha (don't worry I'm not predujiced, it's just how things have turned out this time around). We all know Africans can dance and my colleagues know how to have a good time! As ridiculous as I probably look I just join in the fun and enjoy laughing with them at Dutch dancing (since it is a Dutch NGO)! The endless smiles and laughs at the office never cease to put me in a good mood when I arrive and leave the office.
- The utterly perfect weather of Mbarara. Not once has it been too hot or humid or too cold! The sun shines every day and most days there is shower to freshen things up a bit!
- Ugandan pineapples
- The two dresses I designed, purchased Ugandan fabric for and am having tailor make for me here! Hopefully one will be my outfit for my thesis presentation!
- I'm looking forward to playing in a football tournament on my office's team against some other businesses in Mbarara tomorrow. I will probably be both the only Mzungu and female. If nothing else, I will provide entertainment for the onlookers!
- This Thursday Rebecca (my best friend and sister that I never got) arrives from Rwanda! It has been a year since I saw her last and I can't wait for a weekend of adventures. We will leave Uganda together to visit her little village in Rwanda before I head back home (yep, I'm embracing the term) to the Netherlands.
- On the topic of home, I finally found what seems to be a perfect room in Amsterdam! Looking forward to gezellig dinners with my new housemates, cycling in Amsterdam Noord, commuting to work, and exploring the awesomeness that is Amsterdam.
- I'm REALLY looking forward to biking again (both as my primary mode of transport and for sport)!
- The color run (with friends and one of my new housemates!)
- Also this blog post about home that describes my feelings more beautifully than I will ever be able to.
- Proper cooking again and going back to a diet that does not consist of primarily flavorless carbs!
- Possibilities of several visitors this summer!
- Swimming outside this summer!
- Running in peace without comments, whistles and people following me.
Fijne weekend allemaal!